Employment: Digital Coordinator
For immediate start:
The digital media coordinator reports directly to the communications director, and coordinates campaigns, programs and assets for the Texas Organizing Project’s digital properties (from daily maintenance to rapid response digital media campaigns).
- Participate in the daily maintenance of TOP’s online properties, including content updates to social media, website and fundraising emails.
- Coordinate campaign projects from conception to implementation including online presence, social outreach, videos and marketing.
- Maintain the integrity and quality of TOP’s online properties through ongoing review and maintenance, quality assurance testing, updating out-of-date content and purging/archiving expired content.
- Recommend and initiate the use of new technologies and improvements to our work.
- Research pertinent news and events daily and create messaging around them on all platforms
- Create plans to launch on social media actions that complement the street action or base building components
- Post pictures and video from events, rallies and other actions
- Manage, monitor and report analytics and metrics to campaign leadership
- Online organizing through online outlets
- Manage online media and messaging calendar
- Manage online advertising, including Facebook ads and other online ads
- Help draft emails for fundraising, list-building and event attendance
- Help develop SMS strategy and execute SMS broadcasts
- Develop landing pages with the ability to customize through HTML and CSS.
- Collect, analyze, and report on digital metrics
- Other duties as applies.
- Bachelor’s Degree required and at least one to two years experience working on digital campaigns.
- Experience with web content management systems, blog maintenance, Facebook, Twitter and other social media tools.
- Must be a proactive self-starter.
- Flexibility and willingness to take on routine tasks as needed. Team player and a positive attitude are necessary, as well as the ability to manage multiple projects, meet tight deadlines, and focus on details and follow-up.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Well-rounded, creative type with a talent for communicating online.
- Proficient in graphic editing applications.
- Proficient in CSS, HTML and PHP coding and template development desirable.
- Must be familiar with NGP and VAN.
- Bilingual – Spanish and English – is preferred.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours and some weekends.
- Partisan or nonpartisan campaign or organizing experience is desirable and a commitment to social and economic justice is required.
Send resume, and writing and design work samples to Mary Moreno, firstname.lastname@example.org.