About the Texas Organizing Project (TOP): Founded in 2009, TOP has grown to one of the leading grassroots organizing operations in Texas, advancing racial and economic justice through community and electoral organizing. Our programs are anchored in the three largest metro regions of the state — Houston, Dallas and San Antonio. We are a membership-based organization with a base of over 275,000 community members and supporters who are reflective of Texas’ growing population – Black, Latino, millennial, low-moderate income families. Through on the ground organizing, grassroots leader development, direct action, policy advocacy and electoral engagement, we have made gains in policy solutions and public investments for neighborhood infrastructure, family sustaining jobs, affordable housing, public schools, health access, criminal justice reform, and immigrant rights. TOP also runs the largest independent electoral field operations in the state, activating over 200,000 voters of color each election cycle.
We are a family of organizations, consisting of a 501(c)(3), 501(c)(4), and political action committee (PAC). Texas Organizing Project Education Fund (TOPEF) is a 501(c)(3) organization whose mission is to improve the lives of low and moderate income Texas families of color by building power through community organizing and civic engagement. Texas Organizing Project (TOP) is a sister C4 entity with a membership base comprised of low-moderate income largely Black and Latino Texans, that conducts issue advocacy, lobbying efforts, and electoral organizing as well as endorses candidates on behalf of its membership and low-moderate income Texans. Texas Organizing Project PAC (TOPPAC) engages in large scale voter engagement and mobilization efforts aligned with TOP-endorsed candidates and issue organizing campaigns with a focus on expanding the electorate with infrequent and new voters of color.
TOP is looking for an experienced Data/ Office Manager to be in charge of administrative duties and data management for the Bexar County office. The Office Manager will be part of a team of professional experienced Community Organizers, Electoral Campaigners, and Neighborhood Activists as we continue to build an organization of low- to moderate-income Texans in communities of color in Bexar County. The Office Manager will complete the necessary office duties to support the community and electoral organizing done by the organizing team.
- Organize local data using the Voter Activation Network (VAN) database system
- Train and work with organizers to ensure data entry is complete and accurate
- Build and cut field and phone bank lists
- Data entry to maintain information in VAN
- Assist staff in building lists for and activating robo-dials, email blasts, and text messages
- Create and run local numbers reports for program evaluation and analysis
- Ensure office has proper supplies and is well organized
- Prepare materials for meetings and events
- Assist as needed in office operations
- Manage summer internship program
- Knowledge of the Voter Activation Network (VAN) or other similar online data base programs
- Competency with Microsoft Office Suite, email, and internet
- Prior experience with successful project management
- Aptitude in prioritizing tasks, and innovative problem solving
- Flexible, reliable, organized, self-motivated, and has attention to detail
- Paid or volunteer experience working within social justice organizations
- Ability to read, write, and speak in Spanish a plus
**Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Salary & Benefits: Salary & Benefits: $40k–$42,500, depending on experience. Benefits include comprehensive medical, dental, vision, 401(k), paid holidays, vacation, sick leave, and travel reimbursement.
How to Apply: Submit resume, cover letter, 1 page grant-writing sample, and contact for three references in Word or PDF to: email@example.com.