About the Texas Organizing Project (TOP): Founded in 2009, TOP has grown to one of the leading grassroots organizing operations in Texas, advancing racial and economic justice through community and electoral organizing. Our programs are anchored in the three largest metro regions of the state — Houston, Dallas and San Antonio. We are a membership-based organization with a base of over 300,000 community members and supporters who are reflective of Texas’ growing population – Black, Latino, millennial, low-moderate income families. Through on the ground organizing, grassroots leader development, direct action, policy advocacy and electoral engagement, we have made gains in policy solutions and public investments for neighborhood infrastructure, family sustaining jobs, affordable housing, public schools, health access, criminal justice reform, and immigrant rights. TOP also runs the largest independent electoral field operations in the state, activating over 200,000 voters of color each election cycle.
We are a family of organizations, consisting of a 501(c)(3), 501(c)(4), and political action committee (PAC). Texas Organizing Project Education Fund (TOPEF) is a 501(c)(3) organization whose mission is to improve the lives of low and moderate income Texas families of color by building power through community organizing and civic engagement. Texas Organizing Project (TOP) is a sister C4 entity with a membership base comprised of low-moderate income largely Black and Latino Texans, that conducts issue advocacy, lobbying efforts, and electoral organizing as well as endorses candidates on behalf of its membership and low-moderate income Texans. Texas Organizing Project PAC (TOPPAC) engages in large scale voter engagement and mobilization efforts aligned with TOP-endorsed candidates and issue organizing campaigns with a focus on expanding the electorate with infrequent and new voters of color.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The central responsibilities of this position include management and coordination of a detailed work plan to grow the digital fundraising of our different entities.
Proactively develop, maintain, and revise internal systems for digital fundraising work. Ensure that contact lists are regularly updated and accurate. Participate as needed in budget & fundraising meetings to facilitate coordination. Manage and maintain a digital fundraising database. Coordinate digital fundraising yearly plan between entities and departments and as needed for short digital fundraising campaigns.
Support the logistics and management of fundraising events throughout the state as necessary including donor briefings, fundraising events, and donor meetings.
Work on various assigned projects as needed, including but not limited to: preparation of donor meeting packets and materials for presentations; preparation for Board meetings; and donor list management.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Provide task and management support to the organization’s fundraisers.
● Maintain accurate and up-to-date information in the organization’s database.
● Provide support for other development team functions, such as event planning and individual giving programs.
● Consistently track and input data into EveryAction database, training provided.
● Creation of fundraising emails and digital outreach communications to increase donations.
● Develop and execute a fundraising strategy on digital platforms with measurable targets.
● Work with external partners/consultants on the execution of fundraising (digital/traditional) strategies.
● Maintain website’s fundraising page as well as donate pages in ActBlue.
● Participation in electoral organizing during election season on an as needed basis, including canvassing/door knocking, phone-banking
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
● Experience working collaboratively on teams and coordinating multifaceted projects, an advantage.
● Strong oral and written communication skills.
● High level of independent working ability and initiative, and ability to manage multiple tasks under deadline pressure.
● Meticulous organizational skills, ability to prioritize projects, follow through on detail with high-level accuracy.
● Excellent computer skills with all Microsoft Office applications and Google Workspace applications.
● Familiarity with donor database software such as Every Action, Salesforce, etc.
● Familiarity with fundraising platforms such as ActBlue.
● Knowledgeable about digital advertising tools, platforms, and key metrics to promote the organization’s online presence.
● Familiarity with the implementation and measurement of digital conversion tactics.
● A demonstrated commitment to social, economic, and racial justice issues.
● Willingness to learn and grow within the TOP culture.
Women of color and directly impacted individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Salary & Benefits: Full time position with a starting salary of $50,350 or commensurate with experience. Benefits include comprehensive medical, dental, vision, 401(k), staf development, paid holidays including a week-long summer break and year end week of rejuvenation, personal time, parental leave, sick leave, and travel reimbursement.
*This position is within a bargaining unit that is represented by a union.
How to Apply: Submit resume, cover letter, a sample of a digital fundraising plan you have
completed before, and contact for three references in Word or PDF to: firstname.lastname@example.org.