About the Texas Organizing Project (TOP): Founded in 2009, TOP, has become the leading statewide organizing group in Texas, advancing racial and economic justice through community and electoral organizing. Our programs are anchored in the three largest metro regions of the state, Houston, Dallas and San Antonio. We have a base of over 280,000 members and supporters who are reflective of Texas’ growing population – people of color, low-moderate income families. Through on the ground organizing, grass-roots leader trainings, direct action, policy advocacy and electoral engagement we have made gains in policy solutions and public investments in neighborhood infrastructure, family sustaining jobs, affordable housing, community schools, health access and immigrant rights. TOP also runs the largest independent grassroots electoral field operation in the state, activating over 200,000 voters of color each election cycle.
Job Description: TOP is seeking a digital organizer based in the Dallas metro area who is highly motivated, creative and committed to social justice. Working under the supervision of the tech director, usually in coordination with campaigns, the digital organizer helps implement digital strategy at the policy, political and organizing level, grow social media presence and engagement, and support and build campaigns and organizing efforts.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
● Manage and maintain robust presence on social media, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
● Write and create compelling, well-sourced content to organize members and constituents to take action
● Execute digital campaigns strategies to grow online membership and engagement of our online supporters in taking action
● In collaboration with organizing staff, use social media, email, online advertising and other digital tools to develop online-to-offline organizing programs
● In collaboration with development staff, strengthen online fundraising
● Develop strategies aimed at targeting, building and retaining membership segments based on issue, campaign, demographic and other variables to deepen activism and engagement among members with specific interests
● Track, understand and apply analytics and metrics to measure effectiveness of tools and strategies
● Maintain high quality and timely web site presence; ensure ease of navigation, message consistency, relevance and engagement opportunities for visitors
● Work with external vendors
● Train and advise staff on digital communications strategy and social media best practices.
● Track technology trends and apply needed upgrades and innovations to ensure platforms and campaigns remain current
● Build relationships and strengthen partnerships with ally organizations, affiliates, and community members to support priorities
● Participate in evaluation of digital content and campaign metrics to guide and inform future content and strategies as part of a culture of continuous, data-driven learning and evaluation.
● Participation in electoral organizing during election season on an as needed basis, including canvassing/door knocking, phone-banking
● Consistently track and input data into EveryAction database, training provided
● Perform other duties as required
Qualifications and Competencies:
● Committed to TOP’s mission of social, racial, and economic justice.
● At least 2 years experience creating high-quality digital content and campaigns to move people to take action.
● Excellent project management and time management skills: ability both rapidly respond to day-to-day needs while conceiving and implementing bigger projects over time
● Experience with HTML coding and CSS
● Ability to develop and maintain a variety of relationships on multiple levels.
● Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, manage multiple projects.
● Ability to take direction and constructive feedback.
● Excellent organizational skills including superior attention to detail.
● Bilingual in Spanish and English languages is preferred
Women of color and directly impacted individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
This position is within a bargaining unit that is represented by a union.
***Salary range is $42,500 – $48,500. Benefits include comprehensive medical, dental, vision, 401(k), paid holidays including a weeklong period of rejuvenation at the end of each calendar year, vacation, parental leave, sick leave, and travel reimbursement.
Applicants should email cover letter, resume, portfolio materials, and references to email@example.com.