About the Texas Organizing Project (TOP): Founded in 2009, TOP has grown to one of the leading grassroots organizing operations in Texas, advancing racial and economic justice through community and electoral organizing. Our programs are anchored in the three largest metro regions of the state — Houston, Dallas and San Antonio. We are a membership-based organization with a base of over 300,000 community members and supporters who are reflective of Texas’ growing population – Black, Latino, millennial, low-moderate income families. Through on the ground organizing, grassroots leader development, direct action, policy advocacy and electoral engagement, we have made gains in policy solutions and public investments for neighborhood infrastructure, family sustaining jobs, affordable housing, public schools, health access, criminal legal reform, and immigrant rights. In general our staff supports all of our entities, which include a 501(c)(3), 501(c)(4), and political action committee (PAC).
Job Description: TOP is looking for an experienced Data/ Office Manager to be in charge of administrative duties and data management for the Dallas County office. The Office Manager will be part of a team of professional experienced Community Organizers, Electoral Campaigners, and Neighborhood Activists as we continue to build an organization of low- to moderate-income Texans in communities of color in Dallas County. The Office and Data Manager will complete the necessary office duties to support the community and electoral organizing done by the organizing team.
– Organize local data using the Voter Activation Network (VAN) database system
– Train and work with organizers to ensure data entry is complete and accurate.
– Build and cut field and phone bank lists.
– Data entry to maintain information in VAN.
– Support management of TOP app posts and texts within OutreachCircle
–Assist staff in building lists for and activating robo-dials, email blasts, and text messages.
– Create and run local numbers reports for program evaluation and analysis.
– Ensure the Dallas County office has proper supplies and is well organized.
– Prepare materials for meetings and events.
– Support the logistics and management of Dallas County events and special projects as necessary.
– Assist as needed in office operations.
– Participation in electoral organizing during election season on an as needed basis, including
– Knowledge of the Voter Activation Network (VAN) or other similar online database programs.
– Competency with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite including docs, calendars, email, and internet.
– Prior experience with successful project management.
– Aptitude in prioritizing tasks, and innovative problem solving.
– Flexible, reliable, organized, self-motivated, and has attention to detail.
– Paid or volunteer experience working within social justice organizations
– A demonstrated commitment to social and racial justice issues and understanding of challenges facing immigrant communities, communities of color, and low-and-moderate income families.
– Willingness to learn and grow within the TOP culture.
_ Ability to work non-standard hours. Including evenings and weekends as needed
– Ability to read, write, and speak in Spanish a plus.
How to apply:
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is within a bargaining unit that is represented by a union.
Salary: $40,000 – $42,500. Benefits include comprehensive medical, dental, vision, 401(k), paid holidays
including a week-long period of rejuvenation at the end of each calendar year, vacation, parental leave,
sick leave, and travel reimbursement.
**Women of color and directly impacted individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.