Who We Are: Texas Organizing Project (TOP) is a Texas-based, non-profit organization promoting social and economic equality for low to moderate income Texans through community and electoral organizing in Harris, Dallas and Bexar counties. TOP provides a unique opportunity to recruit and develop grassroots leaders, build a membership base and implement effective electoral organizing strategies. TOP’s work impacts choices power brokers make on quality of life issues such as living wage jobs, community schools, criminal justice reform, health care access, comprehensive immigration reform, and creating neighborhoods of opportunity for all. We are proud to say that TOP has a proven track record of running campaigns that address these issues and believe that we must build power through community organizing, partnering with other progressive organizations and labor unions, and civic engagement to make systemic change.
Job Description: TOP is looking for an experienced Data/ Office Manager to be in charge of administrative duties and data management for the Dallas County office. The Office Manager will be part of a team of professional experienced Community Organizers, Electoral Campaigners, and Neighborhood Activists as we continue to build an organization of low- to moderate-income Texans in communities of color in Dallas County. The Office and Data Manager will complete the necessary office duties to support the community and electoral organizing done by the organizing team.
– Organize local data using the Voter Activation Network (VAN) database system
– Train and work with organizers to ensure data entry is complete and accurate
– Build and cut field and phone bank lists
– Data entry to maintain information in VAN
– Assist staff in building lists for and activating robo-dials, email blasts, and text messages
– Create and run local numbers reports for program evaluation and analysis
– Ensure office has proper supplies and is well organized
– Prepare materials for meetings and events
– Assist as needed in office operations
– Knowledge of the Voter Activation Network (VAN) or other similar online database programs
– Competency with Microsoft Office Suite, google docs and calendars, email, and internet
– Prior experience with successful project management
– Aptitude in prioritizing tasks, and innovative problem solving
– Flexible, reliable, organized, self-motivated, and has attention to detail
– Paid or volunteer experience working within social justice organizations
– Ability to read, write, and speak in Spanish a plus
How to apply:
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is within a bargaining unit that is represented by a union.
Salary: $40 – $42.5K. Benefits include comprehensive medical, dental, vision, 401(k), paid holidays including a weeklong period of rejuvenation at the end of each calendar year, vacation, parental leave, sick leave, and travel reimbursement.
Type: Full-time. May require afternoon, evening, and weekend hours.
Women of color and directly impacted individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.