About the Texas Organizing Project (TOP): Founded in 2009, TOP, has become the leading statewide organizing group in Texas, advancing racial and economic justice through community and electoral organizing. Our programs are anchored in the three largest metro regions of the state, Houston, Dallas and San Antonio. We have a base of over 300,000 members and supporters who are reflective of Texas’ growing population – people of color, low-moderate income families. Through on the ground organizing, grass-roots leader trainings, direct action, policy advocacy and electoral engagement we have made gains in policy solutions and public investments in neighborhood infrastructure, family sustaining jobs, affordable housing, community schools, health access and immigrant rights. TOP also runs the largest independent grassroots electoral field operation in the state.
Job Description: TOP is seeking a Part-Time Bail Disruptor who is highly motivated,meticulous,and committed to social justice. This position is grant funded and guaranteed for at least three months with the potential for extension as funding allows. This position would require a detail oriented person as duties would include assuring data entry is complete and regularly up to date on bailed clients, supporting client check-ins, assessing needs as they come up and identifying stories to be captured by our digital team. The part time bail disruptor will report directly to the Statewide R2J Coordinator.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
● Perform Data Entry and administrative duties
● Meticulously track data, including biographical information, court dates, charges, amount of bond, etc.
using SalesForce (or other comparable databases)
● Conduct weekly check-ins with clients by phone
● Refer clients for resources as they are available
● Create a list of compelling stories for our digital team to capture
● Strong commitment to social, racial and economic justice.
● Strong interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills.
● Willingness to learn and grow within the TOP culture.
● Bilingual in both Spanish and English strongly preferred.
● Computer competency – Word, Internet required; Experience in working with database systems (VAN, SalesForce or other) is a plus.
● Must be willing to work independently as well as in collaborative teams.
● Meticulous attention to detail.
● Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
Applicants should email cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com.
Women of color and directly impacted individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Salary is $20 an hour up to 25 hours a week. This position lasts through November 1, 2021. There may or
may not be an opportunity for renewal.