About the Texas Organizing Project (TOP): Founded in 2009, TOP is the leading statewide organizing group in Texas, advancing racial and economic justice through community and electoral organizing. Our programs are anchored in the three largest metro regions of the state: Houston, Dallas and San Antonio. TOP has a base of more than 300,000 members and supporters who reflect Texas’ growing population of Black and Latino families. Through on the ground organizing, grassroots leadership training, direct action, policy advocacy and electoral engagement, TOP has made substantial gains in policy solutions and public investments in neighborhood infrastructure, family-sustaining jobs, affordable housing, community schools, health access and immigrant rights that have improved the lives of our communities. TOP also runs the largest independent grassroots electoral field operation in the state, engaging hundreds of thousands of voters of color each election cycle.
At TOP, you will be encouraged to experiment and grow. TOP is searching for someone who centers our members’ fight, and is able to work with members and staff to bring practices, procedures, and support so that we can move in solidarity, visionary, and regeneration to change the rules, shift power relationships and deliver real material outcomes for Black and Latino Texans.
More about the position: The Training Coordinator develops and implements training for staff and members in coordination with the training department to develop staff, grow the organization, live in our values, and advance the organization’s campaigns, base building efforts, and overall goals.
● Assist Training Director with the development of training plans – short and long-term – for campaigns and organization as a whole
● Operationalize and execute training and related duties for campaigns, staff, and leaders
● Produce and edit training materials for organizing and staff development
● Develop and implement training and practices to help TOP live in its’ values of solidarity, visionary, and regeneration
● Help resolve/mediate conflicts and build our organization to be resilient in the face of healthy conflict
● Participate in power building activities in issue organizing and Get Out the Vote (GOTV),
including but not limited to canvassing door-to-door, phone banking, and text banking, as
● Support the planning and implementation of meetings for staff and/or leaders and members,
like staff meetings, leadership academies, etc.
● Support the training and use of TOP’s organizational development toolkit (for example: ILS, 5
Dysfunctions of a Team, etc.)
● Implement TOP’s commitment to language justice — making all training available as much as
possible in English and Spanish.
● Track and input data into EveryAction database, training provided
● Support Countywide Leadership Teams: provide regular training support–including regularly
scheduled orientations and conflict resolution to TOP’s Countywide Leadership Teams across
● Coordination with other Texas4All partners on trainings for collective memberships and
● As necessary Spanish interpretation and translation
● Passion for social, racial, and economic justice and progressive political change is a must
● Candidates should have at least 3 years experience in community organizing, leadership development, and/or direct voter contact programs especially in low-income communities
● Strong interpersonal and communication skills
● Diplomatic, professional approach to problem solving and the ability to think independently and creatively
● Must be a self-starter with the ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently
● Willingness to sometimes work long and irregular hours, including evenings and weekends (flex scheduling available)
● Fluency in Spanish (written and spoken) is required.
● Some travel to each of TOP’s home bases required.
How to apply: To apply, please email a cover letter, resume and three references to email@example.com.
This position is within a bargaining unit that is represented by a union.
Salary Range: $58,000–$63,000 depending on experience. Generous benefits package includes comprehensive medical, dental, vision, 401(k), paid holidays including a weeklong period of rejuvenation at the end of each calendar year, vacation, parental leave, sick leave, and travel reimbursement.