About the Texas Organizing Project (TOP): Founded in 2009, TOP, has become the leading statewide organizing group in Texas, advancing racial and economic justice through community and electoral organizing. Our programs are anchored in the three largest metro regions of the state, Houston, Dallas and San Antonio. We have a base of over 100,000 members and supporters who are reflective Texas’ growing population – people of color, low-moderate income families. Through on the ground organizing, grass-roots leader trainings, direct action, policy advocacy and electoral engagement we have made gains in policy solutions and public investments in neighborhood infrastructure, family sustaining jobs, affordable housing, community schools, health access and immigrant rights. TOP also runs the largest independent grassroots electoral field operation in the state.
TOP is looking for a detail oriented person to enter data accurately and quickly into our Quickbooks accounting system. The Data Entry Specialist will be part of the Finance team and will complete the necessary duties to support the Finance, HR, Compliance Director and Staff Accountant.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Perform Data Entry and administrative duties
- Processing monthly bills, invoices, and employee reimbursements
- Entering bank deposits and credit card charges into Accounting Database
- Ensuring proper backup is received in timely manner i.e receipts.
- Reconciling accounts and projects on a weekly basis
- Texas Ethics Commissions reporting
- Keeping track of expenses incurred for GOTV Program
- Assisting Staff Accountant with day to day functions
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Knowledge of ADP Workforce Now
- Quickbooks experience is a MUST
- Experience in using Google Sheets, Docs, and Gmail
- Self-starter who takes on additional responsibilities without direction and works well under pressure
- Willingness to work nights and weekends as needed. Daily work will be required starting the week before early vote through Election Day
Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Salary is $40,000 per year. This position lasts through April 30, 2021. There may or may not be an opportunity for renewal.
Benefits include comprehensive medical, dental, vision, 401(k), paid holidays, vacation, sick leave, and travel reimbursement.
Applicants should email cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com.