Employment: Texas For All Campaign Coordinator (HOUSTON, DALLAS, OR SAN ANTONIO with expectation to spend at least 25% of time or 1 week/month in non-home county)
About the Texas Organizing Project (TOP): Founded in 2009, TOP has become the leading statewide organizing group in Texas, advancing racial and economic justice through community and electoral organizing. Our programs are anchored in the three largest metro regions of the state: Houston, Dallas and San Antonio. We have a base of over 300,000 members and supporters who are reflective of Texas’ growing population – people of color and low moderate income families. Through on the ground organizing, grass-roots leader development, direct action, policy advocacy and electoral engagement we have achieved policy outcomes and public investments in: neighborhood infrastructure, economic justice efforts, affordable housing, community schools, healthcare access and immigrant rights. TOP also runs the largest independent grassroots electoral field operation in the state, activating over 200,000 voters of color each election cycle.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Texas For All Campaign Coordinator
Texas Organizing Project is seeking a talented and dedicated Campaign Coordinator to help build our organization as part of an exciting effort interweaving community grassroots organizing, electoral organizing, and policy advocacy in Texas. The Campaign Coordinator will be key in working with community members to build power for their communities and carrying out an innovative plan that will begin addressing some of these systemic issues. The ideal candidate is an experienced field organizer, coalition-builder and strategist who believes deeply in the importance of building community leadership, capacity and power. The Campaign Coordinator will be responsible for working with canvassers, community leaders, staff, and allies to create and execute a sophisticated field plan. They must be able to organize and effectively communicate at all levels – with grassroots community members as well as electeds and policy experts. The Campaign Coordinator will report directly to the Texas 4 All Campaign Director and work closely with Texas 4 All canvassers, campaign organizers, existing community leaders and core partners in building TOP as an organization.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
– With the Organizing Director, plan and execute a sophisticated and winning field strategy that builds a broad base of newly engaged Black and Latino members – including collaborating with TOP campaign organizers, TOP leaders and community allies, identifying opportunities for public actions that raise the profile of the campaign
– With support from the Organizing Director, supervise and manage 1-3 Texas 4 All county organizers
– check in on work plans, manage overall performance, project potential challenges, conduct performance reviews, and troubleshoot
– Hire and manage staff for paid GOTV programs – canvassers, texters, phonebanking teams to help create and execute the field plan
– Arrange for and prepare community leaders to host community meetings and events
– Provide leadership and organizing training to field staff and members
– Develop and manage relationships with key partners to strengthen campaign – Coordinate campaign messaging, talking points and strategy with the Organizing Director and TOP Communications staff
– Track metrics and regularly report campaign progress internally to TOP staff and leaders and externally to allies and funders
– Coordinate, collaborate and strategize in tandem with TOP campaign organizers to bridge the work between T4A canvasses and campaign organizing – Use VAN to track data and metrics that relate to campaign progress
– Work with other senior TOP staff statewide on joint projects including staff meetings, planning for electoral work, external events, coalition work and organizing trainings – Other duties, as required
Qualifications and Competencies:
– Excellent organizing skills, strategizing, and executing a strategic organizing campaign plan
– Experience leading a canvass program
– Passion for and commitment to social, economic, and racial justice
– Proven manager and supervisor capable of building high performing teams and motivating and developing staff
– Excellent written and verbal communications skills with demonstrated focus on policy analysis, outreach, and targeted communications
– Critical thinking and problem solving skills
– Relentless drive, tenacity and a willingness to do what it takes to advance our mission and values
– Excellent time management, project management and delegation skills
– Proficiency in VAN preferred
– Experience with relational organizing tools preferred
– Similar experience in grassroots nonprofit, labor, or political organization
– Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
– Full time access to a car
**Women of color and directly impacted individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
***Salary will be commensurate with experience, in the range of $50-60K annually. Generous benefits package includes: comprehensive medical, dental, vision, 401(k), paid holidays including a weeklong period of rejuvenation at the end of each calendar year, vacation, parental leave, sick leave, and travel reimbursement.
This position supervises positions that are within a bargaining unit that is represented by a union.
TO APPLY: Please email a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Texas 4 All
Campaign Coordinator” in the subject line.